Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oprah

OK, here is a little confession. I watch Oprah. I either watch it or record is everyday. I don't really like her, or MOST of the things she stands for, I just think her show is entertaining and get trapped in the stories she tells on the show.

Yesterday, the show was on "The Secret Lives of Moms" and it was SO good!!! It was all about the reality of motherhood and the fact that it is so easy to love our children and yet so hard to be a mom sometimes. Two different things and yet so interrelated. If you are a mom, or going to be one soon, or just wants something good to watch... go here and watch yesterdays show! It made me laugh and realize that I am not alone in my feelings.

It made me realize that when I feel like I have lost "myself" in motherhood... well, I have... but I am now in the process of redefining who I am. That my old "self" will never return and you know what, I am OK with that! More on this later... for now, I am off to have a sonogram!!! :)

3 comments:

Nini said...

AHHHH!!!! Hurry up and call!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey i totally agree with you on the oprah....dont like her as person, dont agree with most things she says, but i do love the shows she has...i will have to check that one out for sure, seems to be about just what i am feeling right now! excited you are having a girl, cant wait to hear names!

love ya,
shelley

krcorso said...

Sweet Sherah...I haven't seen this Oprah episode..but completely understand the gammet of emotions that comes with motherhood!! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to hear more about it. Maybe we can somehow have this conversation in our mommy group. Thoughts? So glad to see your face the other night!! Miss hearing your heart and seeing your face on a regular basis!! Love you friend!

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org