When I was pregnant with Ryland I was so connected to her in the womb. I felt a bond right away and I could not help my thoughts from wondering to her every moment I got. Things are a little different with this sweet baby girl in my belly. Between keeping Ryland happy, fed, entertained and Kyle as well... I don't have much time to day-dream about this baby. Don't get me wrong, I am so super excited for her to join our family and I can hardly wait for August / September to roll around, but I just feel like I am missing that bond with her right now.
I am glad we decided to find out that she was a girl, that has helped somewhat in the bonding process. But, I think when we name her is when I will really feel that connection. So, I am on a quest to find the perfect name for this sweet girl and it is both fun and frustrating. One thing that is helping is this awesome site for baby names, The Baby Name Wizard. My neighbor let me borrow the book, written by Laura Wattenberg and I am really liking it, but the website has so many names and really great ways to look them up. Just thought I'd share in case you are in the name shopping business. :)
20 hours ago

5 comments:
Oh what fun to get to think of a name for a baby! I think that was one of my favorite things we did when I was pregnant.
I wish I could relate to feeling connected to babies in the womb....I wasn't with Annabelle and I am not with Maggie. But good news is, I do love and am connected with Annabelle now ;)
I will try to think of some good name suggestions for you...one-that you would have to pass by Andi because it was a possibility for Avery was "Finley". I always thought it was unique and pretty.
Hey Sherah,
Here are some "modern?" and unique names I've thought to share with you of little girls I know: Reese, Quinn, Carter, Colby. Hope name searching is going well. I think we've almost narrowed our search down but let me know if you think of any for us. : )
I was also going to suggest the name Reese. That would sounds totally adorable with Ryland :)
I totally understand about not feeling like you have a lot of time to connect with the second baby. I feel the same way with my little guy. I am so busy being teacher, mom and wife this time around I go through a whole day not even talking to baby Sam. I worry about the connection I am or am not making with baby number two. Glad to know I am not the only one that feels this way.
Post a Comment