Today we decided to see a little more of the Western Slope. We traveled south about 45 minutes to the beautiful town of Ouray, CO. It really is picture perfect, nestled between two mountains and has the cutest storybook type houses. I'm sure this will become one of our many favorite day adventures, but today we just spent the morning walking around and then headed home for the girls naps. Here are some pictures of the day:
We stopped at Box Canyon Falls to get a peak at the water falls coming down the mountain. The park was closed to cars, and I didn't feel up to walking/hiking in the snow so we settled for the bridge just in front of the park.
To give you a little perspective we were VERY high above the water and I could not get myself to walk out where my entire family is... yes... I was a complete chicken!
I couldn't even take the pictures anymore... so Kyle took some. ;)
We stopped for lunch at a cute little sandwich shop.
The wind was quite chilly, but don't worry Nini... they were just about to jump in the warm car. :)
Our fun morning... come visit us and I promise to take you here!
















3 comments:
Looks like so much fun!
when I saw you were taking a day trip, I was hoping a blog would so up with some good pics! You did not disappoint. There is no way I could have walked out on that ledge-I was scared looking at the pictures-much less being there! BUt it is GORGEOUS!!!
Sherah - I love that picture of you! And a couple of posts back, there is a picture of Ryland where she is looking so much more like you. Love it! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment