Thursday, November 17, 2011

Enjoying the Sunshine and the Lord's Creation

Just about everyday we play outside. The girls love to be outside and I love getting a good dose of vitamin D. They play really well together and they fight just like sisters do.


And everyday, several times a day, geese fly over head. They are very loud and the girls love to watch them. I have no idea how long they will be here, if they fly south when the winter gets heavy or if the climate here is easy enough for them. But it's a beautiful sound to hear them honk at one another. Speaking of sounds, it is SO quite here!!! I had no idea how loud the city was when we lived there... but now that we live here the outdoors are silent... the nosiest thing all day long are the geese (and probably my laughing/screaming/crying kids playing). It has taken me several weeks to get used to the quite and actually sleep well at night.





Then there is this guy... he got a brand new life when we moved here. Since about two years ago he was relegated to being strictly an outside dog. I couldn't handle to small children and a hyper active dog in 1000 sq ft of living space, so he got the boot to the back yard. But, since moving here in winter he had no time to develop a winter coat (not that he ever even has in Dallas). So, we decided to let him back into our lives and live inside. He is actually doing wonderfully! He's like a whole new dog... it's like he knows what might happen to him again and therefore acts in a completely different way then the dog I used to know. I am totally in love with him and love getting to know him all over again. The two issues we have are taking food from the girls and getting too hyper when guest come over... but I can handle those issues. :)

2 comments:

Justin Wallraven said...

Ryland looks so old in that picture!

I LOVE watching Houston and Ethan duke it out over food. E used to just cry and now he pushes him out of the way and says "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" It's actually great because Ethan is learning to stand up for himself, Houston is learning his place in the family pecking order, and Glad and I get to have a laugh...everybody wins!

Nini said...

Are you not just IN LOVE with your life right now? These are precious, precious, priceless times! Just soak it all up, sweetie. Your life is truly a gift that you get to open up every day :) I am so grateful that God has given it to y'all. It makes my heart happy!

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org