Monday, November 14, 2011

Brenley-Boo

Someone decided to not take a nap today. Not only did she not want to nap, she was extremely hyper. So... after two hours of trying to get her to sleep, I gave up and we went outside while Ryland napped peacefully. This little bugger is really the joke-ster of our house. She is constantly cracking jokes and making all of us laugh. She is strong-willed and tests every boundary, but then makes me laugh so hard that she usually gets off pretty easy. Kyle and I have so much fun talking about what she will be like when she gets older, there are so many wonderful qualities about her personality, I almost can't wait. 
She played outside for a good 45 minutes before I got out the camera and her favorite thing of all to play with... rocks. She collects them, makes them her babies or eggs and hides them everywhere.   

The cold/dry air of Colorado is drying all of us out, but her face is getting it the worst and putting any kind of cream on it makes her scream. :( So... we will just hope it heals before winters end I guess.   

She is saying "cheese" here in her LOUDest voice possible. This girl has only one volume, LOUD. All the time and with ever emotion, she is loud! 
Our dog just pooped across the yard and she proceeded to tell me how stinky it was. ;)

2 comments:

Nini said...

What a sweet post about our precious, funny, loud, happy Brenley-Boo!! Love that little girl SO much!!! And her awesome big sister, too! Nini loves her girls!!!

reflections said...

You can use coconut oil on her face and it will NOT hurt, I promise you. You just get unrefined, organic, cold-pressed coconut oil. I have only found it at Whole Foods and you may have to ask where it is, I either find it with the coconut shavings and such or with the regular oils tucked on the bottom shelf. I mostly use mine for cooking but it is amazing for healing skin. It has natural antimicrobial properties and it smells good. Below 74* or so it is a solid, so you just get 1/8 of a tsp and rub it between your hands, then rub her dry skin with it. My kids ask for it, especially Alorah-she loves it on her dry patches. I know it sounds WEIRD but you can cook with it and use it for healing skin! I use it on cuts, bruises, rashes, etc. It goes on so easily, too. Much less grease than most lotions :)

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org