I would love for you to sit with me over a cup of coffee to talk about all these decisions lately. That is one of my absolute favorite things to do, good conversation about meaningful nothings, over steaming coffee. If we were there, at the table, I would tell you what’s on my heart. I would tell you about the time a friend of mine offered to take our family portraits and how I cherished them. I would tell you how I love photography and using the creative side of my brain. I would share how I deeply long to pray for people. And how I can see all this working together. I offer to capture your moments in time and offer up words to our Heavenly Father all the while.
I might not charge enough or it might be just out of your price range. I might not ask you to pay or I might offer an exchange of service rather then money. I would look into your eyes for direction. For encouraging criticism. I put myself out there for change, for meaning outside the walls of my home, for a service that can only embrace the memories of today.
We would then grin and hug and walk out of the coffee shop and say bye until next time.

2 comments:
Come to my house this weekend, and we can sit and talk over coffee (tea for me :). I love to hear your heart. I am thrilled with your news! And I think you have found a great talent! Did you pray for us while you took our anniversary shots? It makes me happy to think maybe you did. Yes. I do love my daughter-in-law :)
Very excited for you!
Post a Comment