Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just a few more...





Just a few more pictures of our vacation. We went to the top of the mountain last week and Ryland had her fist in counter with snow on the ground! We are still having a wonderful time, but we are ready to see Kyle! He flys in tomorrow morning and I can not wait! A week and a half is too long to not see him, but I am so thankful he has let me come!

Speaking for Kyle... I can not wait to go home next week! He and his Dad worked their tail ends off on our house last week for 5 days and got SO much done!!! I will post pictures as soon as I get home, but really, it will be like coming to a new home!


On a side note I would like to share something real quick that we figured out this week while in NM. I have always used Boudreaux's Butt Paste to treat diaper rash on Ryland, although she never really suffered from diaper rash much. This week she developed a case of sever diaper rash and I could not get it to go away. So, Dr. Mom (my mom... she should have been a doctor) read in her medical books that the key to fighting diaper rash... cream with Zinc in it and Cranberry juice in older babies to reduce the PH levels in their urine. So, last night, my great Dad went to the store at 9pm to get Desitin and cranberry juice. She had half a cup of juice before bed and a good slathering of cream... this morning, the rash is gone!!! So, it will now be Desitin (or A&D cream) and cranberry juice from now on!

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

sooo glad that you are having a blast and i am sure you all are ecstatic to have kyle there tomorrow! i love all the pics and am dying to see the pics of your house! cant wait to catch up with you when you get home!!

BTW, desitin is awesome but even better than both the desitin and cranberry juice, are whipped up egg whites that you just coat her bottom with. harper has had one bad diaper rash and when i did that it was gone the same day! learned it in nursing school!! cant wait to talk to you! oh and i had a dream the other day about the OJ stain on the pool table. i think it was b/c of the picture i saw of ryland on the pool table. oh fun memories, but not so much at the time when we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off to find something to get the stain out, LOL! tell you parents hi for me! ok this is way too long!

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org