Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wishing I had more to post

I have been sitting here checking email and facebooking all the while trying to think of something, anything to post. And still, nothing. So I thought I would just start typing and see what came out. :) (Could be scary!!!)

So, our life has been really full these days. Full as in, we are so busy and loving every minute of it! We have been hang out with the people from our small group a lot lately and it is so nice. We have been apart of this small group for quite sometime now, but there is something about adulthood that I never knew until we moved to Dallas.

You see, my whole life has been spent in school where your circle of friends is right there and its easy. We moved to Dallas and become adults (essentially) and friendships have not been so easy anymore. Now that the convince of school (and work for me) is gone, I have realized that I have to put in the effort to make friends (and keep them). What? No one told me this... I thought friendships would be easy and life long, really I did. Its really a strange phenomenon that I am realizing.

So, back to our small group, we have been meeting for quite some time and I love all of them and even though I've heard their testimonies and such, sometimes it felt like we still didn't really know each other. But, now, after spending more and more time together I truly feel bonded to these people. I love them. I cherish them. I look forward to Wednesdays and weekends. Its great to feel connected to people.

On another note, our marriage is great right now. I mean, its always 'great' but right now its GREAT. We are totally clicking, like I know what he's thinking and well, he'll never really know what I'm thinking, but he's good at guessing. We are friends. We play cards and hangman and look at million dollar houses on the Internet after Ryland falls asleep. We love doing things together and for one another.

Kyle is doing so great at his job right now and he is really enjoying it. God has really gifted him with the ability to talk to people and truly care for them. He has compassion for those that sit at his desk day after day. He enjoys the people he works with and his boss knows exactly how to motivate him, even if that means getting him a video game (hi Jackie!) ;).

Ryland is just the best baby we could ask for. I am so in love with her I can't stand it! Everyday she just amazes me. She plays all day long just talking to herself and laughing at things. She is crawling all over the house and pulling up on everything. She is even cruising along the couch. She has one tooth poking through and has found her screaming voice (not been so fun). She is just wonderful! I already can't wait to have another one (well, I can wait... I am waiting... but who knows for how long). :)

Thank you Lord for these good times and thank you for the not good times that we will have, because you are the giver and the taker. You have woven our lives together for Your glory. May our laughter and our tears praise your name!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Well, as a member of your super cool small group, I'll say that I enjoy hanging out with you guys, too! It has been so fun to get to know you over the last year and see your family grow as well! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I keep telling him that he better not be staying up too late. I really enjoy working with Kyle too. In fact, I learn from the bankers everyday. Kyle does have a gift to talk to people and he does a great job. He has a bright future no matter what he does. He also has a great supportive wife which means a lot when you are in our business...so thank you! By the way you have one of the cutest kids! She always looks so happy and I sure that is because she has great parents.

Anonymous said...

Dang. I'm doomed. Even when you have "nothing to say" (ha!) you make me cry at my desk! :) You know how you feel trying to describe how you feel about Ryland? Well, that's how I feel trying to describe how I feel about you and Kyle. Can't EVEN put it into words! And FORGET trying to describe how I feel about my Ry-Baby!! I'll just say that I am so proud of you and of Kyle and thankful BEYOND WORDS to our beautiful God for putting the two of you together -- only He knew back then how perfect you would be for each other! And as for snickerdoodle -- well she's just the absolute bees knees and I'm DYING to see her!! Ok, gotta run grab a Kleenex before my mascara runs...........

Love you more!

Amy Dawn said...

You should let you fingers just type-without a lot to say more often! And aslso speaking from your super duber cool small group peeps-I am so glad we got to do game night on Friday! I had a blast and it was so cool to see Annabelle and Ryland play together! I have some pics I will post on Everyday Wednesday when I get a chance. We love all 3 of you so much!

Keisha Rae said...

This is my favorite post. I love you guys so much and I hate how little I really get to know what is going on in your lives, and how little I get to let you guys into what is going on in mine. SO, I really love hearing about it. Anyway, I love you guys so much and can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I just read your nothing to say and laughed a little and cry a little and praise the Lord a whole lot for such a beautiful family. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see you all Thanksgiving. I pray we can have some quality time to love, hug, and visit.

mam-ma(great grandma)

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org