Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just blink

I'm 4 years old and in the kitchen in our apartment in Albuquerque. I know that I need Jesus in my heart, I know that I am a sinner and I will not go to Heaven. My mom leads me in a prayer and I am born a new.

Blink

I'm 15 and Kyle is sitting on a hill outside a church in Berthed, Colorado. He is telling me that he loves me and that he thinks I'm the one he is supposed to marry. I am shocked and probably not ready to hear his words. He is pouring his soul out to me and I am not ready to drink.

Blink

On my 17th birthday, I'm ready. Kyle asks my Dad if he can court me and hopes to marry me one day. We are sitting around the dinner table, My parents, sister, Kyle's family and Grandma, all listening to Kyle talk about his love for me, and we were only 17.... what did we know about love!?

Blink

August 24, 2002, Kyle asked me to marry him. Beautifully and perfectly he again told me all about his love and why he could not live without me.

Blink

June 14, 2003, we pledged our lives to each other. Forever our souls would be united as one. This was the first day to the rest of our history.

Blink

Memorial Day Weekend of 2007, WHAT? We are pregnant?

Blink

January 10, 2008, the day could not have been more perfect. Our sweet Ryland Shay took her first breath and was laid on my chest. Her sweet cry. Her small feet. Her beautiful face. Her life has changed ours forever.

Blink

...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crying at work.............again.

it makes me...blink

reflections said...

it doesn't stop, let me tell you! You will blink and miss Ryland will be in 2nd grade and learning to read! It is so bittersweet. Enjoy every single moment! They are all incredibly precious!

Amy Dawn said...

You need to warn a pregnant women before she reads your blog! That was just true and beautiful! I miss you guys-Hope to see you on Saturday at Avery's party and/or the shower. Hope last night was good!

Anonymous said...

Just blink and your son is married and gone and just blink and I have the best daughter-n-law in the world and now the greatest granddaughter. Enjoy every second because it goes by sooooooo fast. It is so awesome to watch as God blesses us. Love ya

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org