Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pain

Today has not been good. This morning I woke up in really bad pain at 6:45am. My stomach was cramping and I could barley stand up. This happened to me once before when Ryland was 8 weeks old. I was doubled over in pain so Kyle came home and to me to my doctor. They did blood work and a sonogram and found nothing. Later that day I was totally fine. This morning was the same pain. So, we went to the doctor and this time he had his stenographer take a look and she found that I am having a kidney stone. Yug... two kidney stones within 3 months of giving birth, not fun. But, the Lord still amazes me in every way. I came home from the doctor still in pain and wanted to sleep and Ryland slept with me. We slept from 11am to after 2pm! That is by far the longest nap she has ever taken and after waking up I feel much better. Hopefully there is not a next time for this, but if there is I now have some good drugs to take instead of just laying on the bathroom floor. :)

4 comments:

From the View of 1336 said...

I prayed for you. Sorry you were in so much pain. Not fun at all!

The Raymond Family said...

Yuck!!! Hope you feel better soon. Ryland is getting so big. She's a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

God is so merciful to us in practical ways! I hope that will be your last stone!I had gall bladder stones a month after Annabelle was born and had to have my gall bladder removed. It was by far the worse pain I have ever experienced. I hope this is the last of it!

The Robinson Family said...

What a bummer! I hope you heal fast! It is so great that Ryland laid down with you for so long! Lucky mom! I know those days are hard when you are tired and want to rest but baby is up and rarin' (sp?) to go.

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org