13 hours ago
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Is it Christmas time?
So, when Ryland is crying or is just fussy I try everything to get her to calm down. Sometimes that means I sing to her, well, I usually hum to her because I don't know the words to many songs. And, apparently I don't know to many lullabies either because I usually end up humming Christmas carols to her. Funny thing cause I know like 100 carols and they kind of sound like lullabies. Kyle's mom even gave me a tape of her singing lullabies for Kyle and Keisha when they were little to help me learn the words and it hasn't helped... the only songs that pop into my head when I am desperate for one is something like Silver Bells (which is what I hummed to her all last night). I guess she will like Christmas carols a lot latter on in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
you are so funny!! that is totally me except when i cant think of the words i just make them up. The one that gets me is hush little baby..oh my that one was tough, i was so frusterated that i just broke down and looked the words up. christmas carols are good, too if all else fails. i would sing to haper the let it snow song when i could not think of anything. you could try Jesus loves me, harper likes that one, um, you are my sunshine. I know you know the words to those. just an idea if you are not in the christmas spirit, haha! why was she so fussy? hope all is well, i am going to try to call you later. ok way long!w
You make me laugh! You need to know that I made up most of the words to most of those songs on that tape!!!! Just go with a tune and make your own songs (TIP: go with the same song for a few days in a row so you can remember your made up words!) Of course, Christmas songs are always great, and BONUS: at Christmastime Ryland will already know all the songs!
SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!! YAY!!!!!
That is hilarious! Annabelle's boucing seat has all of these kids songs on it-and I barely know any of them. I had to ask veteran moms to remind me of the words so I would not teach Annabelle the wrong words. Annabelle still smiles everytime I start singing anything to her. I usually sing show tunes, because those are the songs I know! Maybe we need to sing Jingle Bells in home group if she gets fussy!
I have the same disease! The one I most often sing (one of my favs too) is "O' Holy Night". : )katgva
ignore the last few letters of my comment--I was having a terrible time interpreting the word verification! Man, I still can't get this one!
Post a Comment