Thursday, April 3, 2008

One month and counting.

OK, so I have all of these great hopes to post everyday and really I do try and think about something cool to post and usually nothing comes up. Well, that's not really true. I have a 3 month old and I have an interesting life, but I am not a good writer. I want to be a good writer. I want to write something that just jumps off the page and captures the reader, but I get lazy. I convince myself that I don't have time to write anything or that no one really reads what I write anyway so then I end up not posting for a month.

So, lately I have been praying that God would reveal areas in my life that I need to work on. I have a tendency to get comfortable in life and just kind of coast through it. That really is no way to live. God can always be working on us and wants to continually mold us into His creation. I want to be moldable. I want to not live comfortably. I want to have deepness with the Lord. But, am I willing?

I have an easy time at pointing out what others need to change or do differently in their lives. It is so much easier to see things from the outside looking in. But the funny thing is that I can do nothing to change them. I can't point out to them what they are doing wrong because I have a plank sticking out of my own eye. How is it that the speck in their eye looks so much worse then my PLANK? So, in my times with the Lord I have been asking Him to first show me what it is that I need to remove from my eye and then how. This has been a long, hard process. I know that God just keeps loving telling me exactly what it is that I need to do, but I seem to have static on in my ears and can't or won't hear Him clearly. "God, please yell because I'm having a hard time hearing you."

So, over the past two weeks I have been in Albuquerque. Away from my comforts, away from my routine and also way from the static. I guess it is easier to hear God when things are quite. I have been reading through Proverbs for some time now and this week I noticed something that I think God has been pointing out all along. A lot of Proverbs talks about laziness. Today I read the very last chapter on being a wife of noble character and oh man... "OK, God I get it!" The wife that is talked about is always busy. Always doing the things she needs to do to take care of her family, her husband and bring honor to God. This is what God has been trying to tell me. I need to be focusing on being this kind of wife.

I find it easy to do the things that I like to do. I like to play with Ryland, I like to spend time with Kyle, I like to go on walks, I like to surf the net, and I can easily fill my day with those things, but is that being a wife of noble character? So, my prayer for right now is for God to reveal to me the things I need to change about my comfortable life so that I can honor the Lord and my husband through everything I do. (It's easy to write about it...)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is beautiful! My son is very blessed to have you as his wife :) Believe me, becoming that "wife of noble character" is definitely a process! A long process! Am I there yet, Lord? Probably not! But you are a beautiful blessing in Kyle's life and a wonderful and awesome mommy to Ryland -- you're off to a great start! I love you so much and am so thankful to have you as a daughter :):):)

krcorso said...

Great post, Sherah! I've been praying and working through what it looks like to be a submissive wife. Grrr...is how I respond most of the time. So thankful the Lord is patient!! And praise God for removing the static!!

Keisha Rae said...

hi..your cool..i read your blog...keep writing...this is what i needed to hear. I have really been struggling with that too,(not with the being the awesome wife thing of course, gotta get a boyfriend first) I have just been "getting through" school, and thats not how I should be living at all. So thank you..miss you and love you and am going crazy not being able to see ryland!!

Anonymous said...

We have missed you! It was nice to see Kyle on Wednesday, but we really need to see you and Ryland soon! We will be out next Wednesday becasue it is Annabelle's birthday and we are spending the evening together as a little family! But, we hope to see you the following week! It is great to hear what the Lord is teaching you and saying to you through the static even if I can't see you just now! Have a great rest of the trip and enjoy your reunion with Kyle-he misses you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sherah,
I loved your blog, 23 years later and I still struggle to be the wife I need to be. One of the best gifts you can give Miss Ryland is to love her daddy and to be that wife that the Lord wants you to be...Ryland will have a Godly example to follow. Love you,
Sharla

Anonymous said...

Girl, we need to talk! Seriously, you put into words just what I have been struggling with lately. Ok, i am going to call you next week! i have been thinking about you lately on my walks with harper around the lake. I miss those walks we took and our talks. ok, (wipes my tears, jk) but seriously love ya and miss ya, hope to talk to you soon.

shelley

Anonymous said...

Precious girl, you've just described the struggle for real life in Christ. I believe Paul referred to it on several occasions - wanting to do good but not doing so good - or words to that effect. People talk about 'balance' and all those neat terms but in reality, every day is a battle when you're seeking the Lord's will for your life and at almost 65 years of age, I'm still working on that person. We won't apprehend that lifestyle until we see Him and then we'll be perfect, just the way He wants us. Are we to keep working toward that perfection? Absolutely, but we're to enjoy our blessings along the way. Right now, Kyle and Ryland occupy most of your time and that's the way it should be; just keep praying, playing and abiding in Him, and you'll do just fine. Love and blessings, Faye

Anonymous said...

I believe you can write girl! You probably struck everyone of our hearts with you sincerity and love for the Lord. Even I with a great-grand-child ( who is so perfect and so blessed) have some of the same struggles you are having; so just remember we never give up and we live every day with full excitement to see what God is going to do today. Be sure and look at Psalm 118:24. Thank you for such a special time when you were in Albuq. We loved every moment we had with you and can't wait for the next. I love you 3 so much.
Mam-ma and GREAT grandma.

Anonymous said...

Forget about being a wife. Just get some pictures of my granddaughter posted. I miss seeing her. Just kidding!!!! I cannot even believe how blessed we are that you are our daughter-n-law. Ofcourse, you can write. Sometimes you cannot spell but that is the case for all of us. You are an amazing lady!!

Andi said...

Good Stuff! Thank you for your honesty and courage to share! So sweet that God took you to a quiet place so that you could hear Him. I long for that quiet place and don't get to experience it nearly enough (rarely these days).
We've missed you the past couple of weeks and I'll definitely miss seeing you guys on a weekly basis after the hive. You have really been a blessing to me. I hope that we can keep in touch and will be able to see each other at Village Mommies outings. Now that we finally have a blog, we can be blog friends too! :)
Love & Blessings,
Andi

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org