Well, the day has finally come. Ryland Shay will be born sometime tomorrow, January 10, 2008. There are several things that I love about tomorrow. First, it's Kyle's GREAT-grandpa's birthday. He will be 92 years old! Isn't that amazing, that Ryland will share her most special day with her GREAT-GREAT-Grandpa who is still alive! I love that!
Second, I love that she will be born in 2008. For those of you who don't know me very well, the number 8 is my number. I was born on the 8th day, in the 8th month, in 83 sometime during 8 o'clock and I weighed just over 8 lbs. My sister's birthday is also on the 8th. So, her being born in the 8th year of 2000 is really fitting.
Third, I love that her birthday is far enough away from the holidays to be super special and that she will get to celebrate her birthday during school. I was a summer baby so I never got a special day at school to bring cupcakes for the class, but she will and that is cool for me.
Forth, although I have hatted waiting for her to come into the world and I am having to look for the positive things about being induced, I like that since it is planned, everyone will be able to make it in time for her birth (except Keisha, Ryland's aunt). Both grandparents will be there and her aunt Tal which makes it so special and less stressful for everyone.
I am feeling almost every feeling you can feel at one time. I am excited and scared, anxious and relieved, terrified and joyful... I don't even know how to describe it all. We have to be there at 6am tomorrow and they will start the process of induction. There are several things that are on my side before going in. As of Tuesday I was 2.5 cementers dilated and 70% effaced. This, I'm told, helps going into the induction since I am already progressing. But, on the other hand, we had an ultrasound done on Tuesday and they are estimating her to be about 9lbs!!!! So, this process will probably be an all day event, but I am looking forward to this day that will change our lives forever!
In the end, I am disappointed that I have to be induced, but this is the way God decided to begin the story of Ryland's life and I know because of that it will be perfect. Thank you for your continued prayers and I promise to get pictures posted as soon as I can.
20 hours ago

7 comments:
I am so happy for you! It has been so much fun waiting, but I am ready to be an Aunt! Love you and praying for you!!! ~Talitha
We love you guys and are so excited to see the growth of your family!
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOO EXCITED and SOOOOO angry and sad and disappointed I can't be there! I hate it so much!! Please let her know I wish with everything I am that I could be there! I am praying for both of you every second today! I love you so much and cannot wait to see my niece!!
Aunt Rae
we are so excited for you all to experience the greatest joy in life! you will do great and we are thinking about you and praying for you all! love you!
shelley and eron
Sweet friends! Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you three. Ryland, you have some amazing parents! Can't wait to see pictures. And let me know when you would like your meals to start coming!! :)
Wow GOD IS SO GOOD! You all look so amazing and such a precious family. God has answered our prayers and we praise HIM. You both will be such great parents. Just remember the Mountain top experiences when the valleys come. Just love little Ryanne for us both. Great mam-ma and great grandpa
Do you think there is anyway you might be and 8-ball? Aw, probably not. You and Kyle have a beautiful daughter and we have a beautiful great-grand daughter. We are think of you each day and loot forward to the time you'll be here so we can see and hold Ryland. We know she will always receive a lot of love from you and the rest of the family.
Grandpa.
Post a Comment