Thursday, August 19, 2010

Partake.

“His divine power had granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.” 2 Peter 1:3-4

I am to become a partaker in his divine nature. I have escaped the corruption of this world. When my patience jar is running empty, when my two year old just will not listen, when my sweet husband leaves a trail of his day throughout my house, I am to escape the corruption of this world.

When it’s easy to blame my action on my surroundings. When I want to stay in my warm bed and get a few more seconds of rest. When my heart cannot take another blow. I am to escape the corruption of this world and partake in his divine nature.

When he gives me glasses that help me to see my life clearly. When he calls me to say the right thing in a loving way. When I am too resemble an alien in this world. I am to escape the corruption of this world, remember his promises, and partake in his nature.

And yet… I don’t. I lose my temper, I let roots of bitterness grow, I blame, I sleep, I put on my old glasses, I stay quiet, I blend in.

But I long to partake. I long to change. I sit at his mercy seat yet again. I confess.

I apologize to my children. I ask for forgiveness from my husband. He bathes me in prayer.

And I press on…

“For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and with steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if theses qualities are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:5-8

1 comment:

Keisha Rae said...

Gosh. You always challenge me SO much! I love it. Most of the time it is EXACTLY what I needed to hear/remember that day. This is no exception. It's beautiful

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org