Alright, I don't want to speak too soon, but I really feel "on top of things" this week. OK, there have been
days in the past 10 months that I have "felt on top of things" but those days just never seem to turn into
weeks. And right now I can say for the past two
weeks I have actually stayed on top of all my house work and was actually dresses and put together before noon every day! I am not really sure where to pin point the change, but there are a few things that I have changed that help me to not feel so overwhelmed:
- We cleaned out our closets two weekends ago, and for some reason it seems easier to keep my house clean with the closets organized. Its amazing when everything really does have a place to go.
- I am taking long, hot, candle lite showers at night after Ryland goes to sleep. First, this completely relaxes me and second, it allows me to just do my hair and make-up in the morning. Most days taking a shower was so overwhelming to me. I hated to try and figure out what to do with Ryland and I also hated wasting a nap time to do it.
- I am waking up when Kyle does in the morning. I used to sleep in as long as I could and that was just plain laziness. Actually waking up before 8am is really nice because I feel like I have a whole day, not just a few hours of sunlight.
- I do a load of laundry a day. This really helps me stay on top of it and it is a whole lot easier to put away in small amounts!
- TURN OFF THE TV!!!!! I have officially turned the TV off until Kyle comes home. Well, Ryland watches a little in the morning with breakfast and then its off. This is great for me... I am no longer sucked in and I feel so much more productive! If you know me at all, you know this was a hard one for me, but I love it now that I have done it!
- Playtime outside! Ryland and I play with our neighbors, Laura (the mom) and Zach the baby in the pumpkin pictures almost every day. The sunlight and fresh air really do wonderful things for all of us!
- Reading my bible. OK, this probably shouldn't be #7 on the list, but I am just going in order of my thoughts, not priorities. :) I have been spending an hour every morning in Rylands room. We turn on worship music, she plays on the floor and I read my bible. I LOVE this hour and I feel so fed right now, its a great spot to be.
- I spend a lot of time thinking about ways I can bless Kyle. I can easily get consumed with Ryland and housekeeping that I forget my husband in the mix. So, I have come up with a list of ways to let him know I am thinking about him. But I would LOVE some more things to add to the list! Do you have any suggestions?
4 comments:
I have a most AMAZING daughter-in-law!! I am so blessed that you are in love with my most AMAZING son! And that you are Mommy to my most AMAZING ADORABLE CUTER-THAN-ANY-OTHER-BABY-EVER granddaughter! The TV thing is tied for the #1 best choice you could make in your life right now! Seriously! I NEVER turn on the TV if I have things I need to get done, because I have no willpower to just walk by it. I ALWAYS stop and watch and end up wasting away the time. SO, when it's up to me, the TV is off! Good decision! The other #1 best choice is your time spent immersed in the Word of God. Mmmm.....there is NO other thing that will transform you into the image of our King like that will! Hang on to that routine like a bulldog!
The 7 Prayers a Day thing on the Bring the Rain blog is awesome! You could modify it for Kyle -- come up with several times a day that you will pray for him for specific things, and let him know you are doing it. It's also, of course, an incredible thing to do for your children.
One more idea: I don't know what's on your list already, but I know that it's important to men that you say good/nice/uplifting/respectful things about them in front of other people, and in front of their children. Hard sometimes, I know! I guess I put that on there because I need to be reminded of it myself!
Love you, sweetie, like you're my own!
I'm so happy for you. I know it feels good when you are on top of things. I might have to try some of your stuff so I can start feeling on top of things more often too. : ) One thing that Dusty really likes and is helpful to him (but I'm not always good at doing all the time--conviction!) is when I make his lunch for him either the night before or the morning of so that he doesn't have to scramble around and make something in a hurry--it's already ready for him. Night before it best for me because I'm not always up and raring (sp?) to go in the mornings. : )
I love this list! Especially number 7-were you at church this weekend??? WOW-it was so convicting to me? I have decided that Annabelle and I are going to have a "devotional" time each morning during breakfast. I so wish I could take an hour, but that would just not happen. BUT-it is so fun for me to sit in Annabelle's rocker and let her play in her room and bring me dolls and animals to hold-I could totally read my bible in there while I was in there!
In regard to the husband thing-I spend sooooo much time when Annabelle was first born trying to balance the INTENSE time it takes to care for a little baby with my husband---I just asked him one night-what did I used to do that I have not been doing that you miss-and are there things that you really wish I did or did more of-he was really open with me and gave me a lot of good ideas! I still do most of them for him----but, it is nice to hear from him what he wants. But, coming up with the unexpceted is cool too. I just found that I was killing myself thinking of ways to show him love-and I was focusing on the wrong stuff FOR HIM. So-I just asked him.
Love you Sherah!
Hey Sherah,
So I know we haven't talked in ages, but I read your blog...like...daily. And I was just struck! Your last number about being better for Kyle and stuff hit me because that is what I have been striving to do my my hub (Ben). So I started this book. It is called, "The Love Dare." Have you read it? IT is a little journal and it is based on the bible and it is so neat. The first day is just about how you can be patient with your husband...WOW. Hard. for me. So anywho...if you haven't read it already, try it out. It might help with this part of your journey! Hope you are well!
Molly Hunter (Smith)
Post a Comment