Thursday, June 19, 2008

Date Night!

Kyle and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and we went out for the first time since Ryland was born! We went for crab at Joe's Crab Shack, OK, I know not very romantic, but it is a meal that I have been craving and one you can defiantly not eat with a baby present. :) It was very good and nice to go out just the two of us. My fabulous sister watched Ryland for us and they both did great! I think we will be doing it again soon!

So I know I have not posted much lately, but that's how it goes I guess. So here is where I am at, I really feel like God is working on me and has been for the last few months. Recently our small group has asked us to list our spiritual gifts and share them with the group, so that we can begin using those gifts more effectively and serve others where we are lead. At first thought this is easy right, I've been in church for all my life and I've talked about spiritual gifts many times before. But for some reason this one is really getting to me. I'm stuck. I know what I have always said my 'gifts' are, but are those really them? Am I the person I have always been or have I changed and therefore my gifts have changed? I don't really know where I'm at right now, just searching I guess.

My prayer for this week is that God would reveal my spiritual gift(s) to me and I would use them for His glory.

I have much more to write about, but I really need to clean, so I will write more later. :)

5 comments:

The Green Family said...

well first of all, I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! this is defintely the length for you...oh, and you look awesome by the way! Now on to your spiritual gifts, i think that some that you have include, Faith, compassion, giving, evanglisim and servanthood. you are an awesome woman of God and a great friend! love ya, and we need to go "walking" next week. talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherah! Just wanted to say how happy I am that you are in my small group. Congrats on your anniversary! Look forward to talking to you more tomorrow at the BBQ!

The Raymond Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

One thing I think I have learned through the years is that sometimes we have quiet times in our lives, when God is not calling us to "do" anything spectacular. I think as American women we are programmed to feel guilty when "all" we are doing is raising our beautiful children and taking care of our home. A magnificent calling and a very worthy use of your gifts, in my opinion! Don't feel rushed into finding "something else" that God is calling you to do. He, if you are searching and asking, will ignite in you a passion to use those gifts when He is ready for you to "go and do". If you feel like you are right where you belong for this time in your life, you probably are! Interestingly, I've been listening to your pastor's sermons online and there is one that you should listen to! It's in the 2008 archives and it's called "What is Christian Spirituality" I think. A wonderful look at "gifts" and all the many different ways they manifest themselves in the body of Christ. Listen and tell me what you think! Guess that's enough for now! Love you more than sunshiney days! Mom :)

Andi said...

Congrats on 5 years!! I'm so glad you guys got to have a date night... Brian and I had our first one (also for our anniversary- 13) a couple of weeks ago. It was long overdue. :)
By the way, you look fabulous! Love the haircut- so chic!!

I'll be praying for you as you seek God for your spiritual gifts.

Love,
Andi

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org