21 hours ago
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Vacationing, Work, and House Problems
It is amazing at how quickly our lives change from day to day. Our vacation was absolutely amazing...thanks mom and dad!!! I went from feeling like a little kid at Disney...as you can see by some of the pictures, to relaxing on the beach. and kayaking around a bay. Everything seems so surreal when you are on vacation. Then it was almost immediately back to the real world and work. Then all of the sudden I had two days off for the 4th of July and got to enjoy that. Well Sherah and I decided to get ready for the nursery and moved our bedroom into our office...we will shift the rest of our rooms and make a nursery. During that process we found a leak under the bottom of our house...good news is that we are pretty sure that it is rainwater and not a plumbing leak. That shows you just how much rain we are getting. So now there is work to be done to get that problem corrected because the land right at the foundation of our house needs to be graded to get the rain to go somewhere other than underneath our house. During all of this I had to stop and think tonight about how much my child is changing everyday. While I am here worrying about the cosmetics of my house, my Heavenly Father is concerned about the foundation of my child. There are so many amazing thing that are happening to our little one every day!! Thank you Lord for shaping and molding our lives, and giving us the blessing of life. As for all of the other stuff...I guess I must learn to take care of my household and my house, so that my family can live and go through everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, son......life is so....everyday! There's ALWAYS something "rocking the boat" -- and sometimes lots of somethings! Our vacation with you and Sherah was PERFECT! I loved it all, especially just getting to hang out with my kids! (and my grandbaby:) I'm sorry you got slammed back into reality like you did, but it's just that -- reality! It's why old people are so ready to see Jesus!!! They've had enough of reality :) BUT, you're not old, and you've got so much wonderfulness in front of you. Deal with all the "pain in the neck" stuff with good humor and godly character, remembering that "this too shall pass"! And, it's a REALLY GOOD thing to remember to stop and be thankful for your blessings -- your family is such a beautiful gift from God and you can't EVEN imagine how much you will love and cherish your child. Just wait! I've been watching the "meter" on your site and it IS so amazing how fast Little Bit is growing and changing -- FOUR inches long already!! wowee! I can't believe how fast time is speeding by. Keep us posted on the house situation, k?
Love you more than Disneyland!
P.S. I stole all the pictures from your "vacation album" and put them on my computer!! Thanks!!
Post a Comment