Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting back to life... really?

Well, everyday is a new day. It's been four weeks since Ryland was born and I am feeling more normal everyday. But, normal is still very much a relative term since I have never been a mom before, my normal is totally new and I'm getting used to it. I love Ryland with all me heart! It is hard to explain the love I have for her (if your a parent, you know exactly what I mean).

We are getting out now, which is really nice! We have not taken her anywhere where people hold her or touch her since it is flu season, we are trying to be really careful about germs, so for now, she rides in the sling (that she LOVES) and I wash my hands before I take her out. We've gone to the mall twice and out for coffee twice, but everytime I get fresh air I feel so much better!

For the last three weeks, our wonderful bible study family has been brining us dinners every other night, which has been such a huge blessing! They have really helped me not to even have to worry about dinner or grocery shopping which has been just a huge blessing!!!

I have created a web album of pictures of Ryland. I will continue to add photos to this album, so keep looking. I will try and change the cover picture when I add new pictures as a sign.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU!!! I'm so excited for you that you are a mommy! I can't imagine life without my beautiful children, and you will NEVER NEVER be the same! You and Kyle are partners now in the greatest adventure EVER and I pray that you both are able to appreciate the wonder of it all, even while lost in the middle of all the craziness that is "parenthood"!! (especially in the first 3 years!!!) I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TONIGHT!!!!! :):):P):):):):):)P

krcorso said...

So glad you three are doing well! I am bummed that I have not been hold this new addition!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pictures of Ryland! We can't wait to see you all again! I was going through all of Annabelle's clothes today and getting so reminisicent of her early days! Every day is wonderful in a dew way-so enojy each one! Hope to see you, Kyle and Ryland soon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet! I totally know how you feel about being germ conscious! I do the same thing with washing my hands and I even made a sign for our door when people were visiting and dropping off meals, written like it was from Natalie, saying that it was exciting to be born in the Christmas season but that it is also cold and flu season and asking people to help her stay healthy by washing their hands when they came in the house. But it's worked because so far I have a happy, healthy baby and I'm sure you do too! So happy for you and Kyle!

What's On My Food

Find out what's on your food at: whatsonmyfood.org